Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Yeti

Let me start by saying that I am SO lucky to be in the Wonky Quilt Bee bee with such talented ladies.  I give them mere suggestions of things that I like and, BAM!  It's like they reach right into my brain and know the perfect things to make.


For this quilt, I asked for GIANT bear paw blocks. And man, they delivered.  I love every single block in this quilt.


Melissa started it off by taking my request for a giant bear paw and turning it into the most wonderful scrappy blocks I have ever seen.  And everyone followed suit and the results are amazing!

I didn't want to do a traditional sashing so I decided to use one of my favorite Lizzy House fabrics and I think it fit the bill perfectly.


I backed it in an Anna Maria Horner Little Folks flannel along with a little Michael Miller flannel and it is so soft and snuggly.


I sent it out to Christina for quilting, and just told her to surprise me and I think the all over leaf pattern is beautiful.


 This quilt is one of my most favorite things and I am happy that it is all mine.




2 comments:

  1. i love this quilt so so much. the colors are just gorgeous. i wish i could steal it from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome! I love the fabric you picked for the sashing and how you finished it!!

    ReplyDelete